Saturday, April 18, 2015

Two

I’m nearing the end of my life, and have nothing to show for it. No family, no friends, no accomplishments on which to look back with satisfaction.

I tried to live by the Hippocratic motto Do no harm, and failed. I harmed many, and helped no one.

Is this true? No. It’s something I tell myself so that I can kill myself without regret.

After the last time I tried to kill myself, something in me said to wait and let nature take its course. I will die soon enough. And there was still enough beauty in the world to make me regret leaving it. Now something in me says I can leave the world without regret.

Is this true? There is still beauty in the world.

“I’m glad I’m dying,” she said, “because I don’t want to see what’s coming”.

There is still beauty in the world, but I don’t want to see what's coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment